Fees for Landlords
The fees listed (inclusive of VAT) are an indication of what landlords will expect to pay when letting out their property through JOHNS&CO, and are based on our standard agency fees of 10% plus VAT for our Letting & Rent Collection Service and 6% for our Full Management Service – subject to negotiation.
For a two bedroom apartment let at £600 per week, we would expect the following charges (inclusive of VAT) to apply:
- Legal Tenancy Administration Cost of £240
- Tenancy Deposit Registration Fee £27.60
- Pre-Tenancy Clean £216 – £330 (these figures may vary due to size scale of clean required).
During the Tenancy:
- Renewal Tenancy Administration £90
- The letting Fee at 10% plus VAT for a two-bedroom apartment let at £600 per week will equate to £3744 inclusive of VAT. This is taken at the commencement of the tenancy from rent collected.
- The Management Fee at 6% plus VAT on a letting agreed at £600 per week will equate to £187.20 inclusive of VAT taken on a monthly basis for the term of the tenancy*.
End of The Tenancy
- Check Out Report: from £172.50 depending on size and location of the property. (Please note that the Check Out Report is undertaken by an independent third party. We advise that this is further clarified with the office prior to the end of tenancy).
*The Letting and management fee is a tax deductible expense when operating as a buy-to-let investor.
+44 (0)20 7118 0200