JOHNS&CO was founded with the purpose of providing an exceptional lettings and management service, initially in London’s highly dynamic Docklands market and now across the City and beyond.
With extensive experience in lettings and management at such schemes as Pan Peninsula (Ballymore) and Sailmakers (Greystar), JOHNS&CO knows and understands the importance of delivering an enhanced customer-service experience.
Our Asset Management and Lettings service provides a comprehensive series of solutions, designed specifically to meet the needs of large-scale and institutional landlords in the Build to Rent sector.
Our” menu-driven” approach to services provision enables flexibility and cost-control.
The range of services include:
- Pre-marketing programme, expertly conceived by our in-house marketing team to help accelerate take-up and absorption of units into market. This would include signage, social-media, x10 retail office representation and focused market awareness campaign
- Implementation of furnished show-units, staffed marketing suites by expert directly employed (ARLA registered) and incentivised staff members
- Full lettings and management package to include pre-qualification of potential tenants, references, AST tenancy documentation
- Legals, References, Anti-Money Laundering and Credit Control. Our referencing checks are so robust that we provide our clients with Rent Protection & Legal Costs Insurance inclusive in our management service. As part of this service we check the identity and assess risks of money laundering, as well as any adverse credit history such as, bankruptcy and CCJs, undisclosed previous names and addresses, undisclosed credit history which is linked to current address and banking details provided are for a genuine bank account
Plus we make contact with the tenant’s current Landlord or Managing Agent to ask them for a reference, their employer to check the tenant is being paid what they’ve told us and that there is no reason their employment will be terminated any time soon
- Credit Control Service to include: receipt of rent on behalf of the client; demand of rent by sending two letters where payment has not been made and remittance of net rent to the Landlord’s designated bank account.
- Customized reports, detailing the performance of an asset or group of assets. We work closely with our clients to configure asset monitoring and performance measures as well as KPI’s. (NB mention MRI software??) or Veco etc?
- Preparation of a monthly statement of account accessible through our Landlords Portal online
- Property Maintenance and ongoing management via “App” based technology solutions such as Fixflo. We have approved contractors and closely monitor the performance of any repairs undertaken
- Furnishings/Interior Design – we work closely with our clients to provide recommendations on the use of furnishings and interior design for convenience and to enhance the living environment
- Statutory Compliance, Testing and Certificates. Johns & Co will ensure each property is fully compliant prior to a tenancy commencing. We will undertake all checks for AML, Energy Performance Certificates and Landlord Licensing checks. Gas Safety, PAT and EICR, Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms, Legionnaires Disease and Right to Rent checks
- JOHNS&CO manages a high volume of new units, constructed by London’s leading developers and is able to provide a free of charge snagging report
- Inspections and Inventory checks. We undertake as standard quarterly inspections and utilise the services of an expert inventory checking company.
- Customer feedback & performance monitoring. At Johns & Co we pride ourselves on our standards of service and performance. We therefore undertake regular independent reviews of customer feedback, based on series of metrics which are designed with input from our client’s. This provides highly valuable insights on not only Johns & Co’s performance as managers, but also community curation, building performance, amenity utilisation etc.
- Rental Performance and Rent Reviews