So it has gone noon and the rumbling coming from your stomach is starting to distract you from your spreadsheets. It’s time to forget about that sad looking sandwich you brought from home and take a look at our guide to the best value lunch deals currently on offer in Canary Wharf.
London has so much to offer when it comes to dining out, we’ve been to some of the best places to eat in Canary Wharf and couldn’t keep it to ourselves. From organic, vegan huts to bottomless brunch deals in Canary Wharf; we’ve tried it all.
Big Easy – Crossrail Place
Big Easy at Crossrail Place is easily one of our favourite places to lunch in Canary Wharf. Not only is the food delicious, but their Hit & Run lunch deal is exceptional value.
Head over to Big Easy anytime between 11:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday and for £10 you can enjoy either a main or appetiser and a drink. If you’re feeling particularly hungry you can upgrade to two courses for an extra £3, and if you still have room after all of that, you can add a third course for a further £2. Lunch is guaranteed to be served within 15 minutes (or it’s free!) so you’ll have no worries about making it back to the office on time.
If you’re in no hurry and are simply perusing the local area, this is a great spot for those residing in Canary Wharf properties nearby.
- Home-Smoked Bar.B.Q Taste-O-Rama – a mouth-watering selection of meats including brisket, chicken and pork rib, served with beans, coleslaw, and cornbread.
- Bar.B.Q Brisket Sandwich – juicy sliced brisket on a bun, finished off with pickled red chilies, horseradish mayonnaise and onions.
- Lobster & Shrimp Roll – fresh lobster and shrimp on a brioche bun, with tangy citrus mayonnaise.
Capeesh – Pan Peninsula
The lunch menu at Capeesh is not only incredibly tasty, but also excellent value for money. For £9.99 you get a main with a soft drink, or if you prefer to have a beer or wine with your lunch it will cost £12.99. The menu includes a varied selection of authentic Italian pasta dishes, filled pasta, panini or our personal favourite – the pizzas! They’re delicious and cooked in a traditional wood-fired oven.
If you are really hungry you can also add starters, sides and desserts for an extra cost.
- Pepperoni pizza – spicy pepperoni with mozzarella and tomato
- Tagliatelle alla Verdure – long egg pasta with vegetable ragu
- Ravioli alla Panna – fresh pasta with buffalo mozzarella in a creamy tomato sauce
Gourmet Burger Kitchen – Jubilee Place
If you find yourself passing through Jubilee Place and in need of a quick bite to eat then we suggest you stop by Gourmet Burger Kitchen and make the most of their lunch meal deal (Monday-Friday until 5:00 pm).
The deal includes a 40z burger and side for £5.95 or £6.95 (depending on the burger choice). Choose from a classic beef burger, cheeseburger, classic chicken burger or the GBK veggie burger. Sides include skinny fries, chunky skin-on fries and coleslaw.
With your lunch guaranteed within 15 minutes (or it’s free), there should be no worry about how long your food will take to arrive.
- Cheeseburger – whether you prefer cheddar cheese, blue cheese or the classic American cheese slice, GBK can make your burger just the way you like it.
- GBK Veggie Burger – you’ll have no beef with this lunch option! This bean patty with a touch of chili is perfect for a quick lunch.
- Blue Cheese Slaw – need a little side inspiration? Why not pair your burger with the Blue Cheese Slaw – the red chili and jalapenos give it a delicious kick.
Hazev – South Dock
Located next to Canary Wharf’s South Dock, Hazev offers a delicious selection of Eastern Mediterranean dishes. Hazev boasts a cafe, restaurant and bar, so whether you’re looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy a coffee, a drink after work or somewhere to sit down for a meal, Hazev has you covered. With an excellent set menu offering two delicious courses for £15.95 you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Maydanoz Salatasi – we love this refreshing Tabbouleh salad, made with parsley, cracked wheat, tomatoes, onions, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Domatesli Kofte – these Turkish meatballs in a fresh tomato sauce are seriously tasty, just try not to eat them too quickly!
Bokan – Marsh Wall
If you’re looking for a Friday treat, then look no further than Bokan’s Bottomless Brunch.
Available from 12:30 – 14:30, Bokan offers an incredible three-course meal with bottomless prosecco. The menu changes regularly but you are guaranteed the very best in modern cuisine, alongside friendly service and a glass of prosecco that never runs dry.
The bottomless brunch is £49 per person, so why not start the weekend early an indulge yourself at this great venue? If you’ve had one too many, its right on the doorstep of the Canary Wharf apartments, so you can stumble home safely.
We hope these Canary Wharf restaurant suggestions have got you excited for lunch! Don’t have the time to sit down for a meal? Check out our favourite Kerb Canary Wharf vendors and grab something delicious to go.
Have we missed a great lunch deal? Tweet us your suggestion and we’ll add it to the list.