So its gone noon and the rumbling coming from your stomach is starting to distract you from your spreadsheets. It’s time to forget about that sad looking sandwich you brought from home and take a look at our guide to the best value lunch deals currently on offer in Canary Wharf.
Big Easy – Crossrail Place
Big Easy at Crossrail Place is easily one of our favourite places to lunch in Canary Wharf. Not only is the food delicious, but their Hit & Run lunch deal is exceptional value.
Head over to Big Easy anytime between 11:30 am and 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday and for £10 you can enjoy either a main or appetiser and a drink. If you’re feeling particularly hungry you can upgrade to two courses for an extra £3, and if you still have room after all of that, you can add a third course for a further £2. Lunch is guaranteed to be served within 15 minutes (or it’s free!) so you’ll have no worries about making it back to the office on time.
- Home-Smoked Bar.B.Q Taste-O-Rama – a mouth-watering selection of meats including brisket, chicken and pork rib, served with beans, coleslaw, and cornbread.
- Bar.B.Q Brisket Sandwich – juicy sliced brisket on a bun, finished off with pickled red chilies, horseradish mayonnaise and onions.
- Lobster & Shrimp Roll – fresh lobster and shrimp on a brioche bun, with tangy citrus mayonnaise.
Smollensky’s – Reuters Plaza
Smollensky’s is somewhere you have probably passed whilst rushing around Canary Wharf. Located in Reuters Plaza next to Canary Wharf Station it’s right in the centre of everything, so a perfect location to meet up with friends for lunch.
There are a couple of great deals on at Smollensky’s, including their ‘Fish & Fizz’ offer. Enjoy some excellent fish and chips and a glass of Veuve Cliquot for just £17.50. Alternatively, if a tender steak is more your thing, they also offer a Ribeye steak with skin-on fries and a glass of Malbec for £18.50.
If you don’t have the time to pop out for lunch, these deals are available all day so you could treat yourself to a delicious dinner deal instead.
Gourmet Burger Kitchen – Jubilee Place
If you find yourself passing through Jubilee Place and in need of a quick bite to eat then we suggest you stop by Gourmet Burger Kitchen and make the most of their lunch meal deal (Monday-Friday until 5:00 pm).
The deal includes a 40z burger and side for £5.95 or £6.95 (depending on the burger choice). Choose from a classic beef burger, cheeseburger, classic chicken burger or the GBK veggie burger. Sides include skinny fries, chunky skin-on fries and coleslaw.
With your lunch guaranteed within 15 minutes (or it’s free), there should be no worry about how long your food will take to arrive.
- Cheeseburger – whether you prefer cheddar cheese, blue cheese or the classic American cheese slice, GBK can make your burger just the way you like it.
- GBK Veggie Burger – you’ll have no beef with this lunch option! This bean patty with a touch of chili is perfect for a quick lunch.
- Blue Cheese Slaw – need a little side inspiration? Why not pair your burger with the Blue Cheese Slaw – the red chili and jalapenos give it a delicious kick.
Hazev – South Dock
Located next to Canary Wharf’s South Dock, Hazev offers a delicious selection of Eastern Mediterranean dishes. Hazev boasts a cafe, restaurant and bar, so whether you’re looking for somewhere to relax and enjoy a coffee, a drink after work or somewhere to sit down for a meal, Hazev has you covered. With an excellent set menu offering two delicious courses for £15.95 you’ll be spoilt for choice.
- Maydanoz Salatasi – we love this refreshing Tabbouleh salad, made with parsley, cracked wheat, tomatoes, onions, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Domatesli Kofte – these Turkish meatballs in a fresh tomato sauce are seriously tasty, just try not to eat them too quickly!
Goodman – South Dock
For those who enjoy a good steak Goodman is for you. Located on the South Dock, Goodman offers a fantastic lunch menu. Choose from two courses for £25 or if you are particularly hungry three courses for £30. With a tempting selection of starters, mains and desserts you definitely won’t be leaving here hungry.
- French Onion Soup – served with cheese croutons, this soup is the perfect start to your lunch.
- Port Raised Beef – beef piled onto a brioche roll with coleslaw and horseradish mayonnaise, with chips or salad on the side. This sandwich is incredibly yummy, you will definitely be back for more.
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Brulee – irresistibly good and definitely worth choosing the three courses for.
We hope these Canary Wharf restaurant suggestions have got you excited for lunch! Don’t have the time to sit down for a meal? Check out our favourite Kerb Canary Wharf vendors and grab something delicious to go.
Have we missed a great lunch deal? Tweet us your suggestion and we’ll add it to the list.