The Data Controller connected with this Privacy Notice is Johns & Co Real Estate Ltd
In this instance your data is being processed for the specific purpose of managing your employment.
2. Lawful Basis
The collection of your data for this purpose is under the Lawful Basis of Contract because we require to process this data in order manage your contract of employment with Johns & Co.
3. Information Collected
The personal data we will collect and process about you in connection with this purpose is:
- Telephone number(s)
- Email Address
- Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of ID
- National Insurance Number
- Next of Kin
- Bank Details
- Health Data – sickness record
Under the Lawful Basis referenced in paragraph 2, your data will be retained until the date your employment ceases with the Company and then for a further 6 years thereafter, in accordance with CIPD advice.
At the end of this retention period your data will be destroyed using an approved method unless prevented by Court order.
6. Data Sharing
Whilst we control your personal data we will need to share this data with the following parties, for the following purposes, in order to provide you with the services you are seeking from us:
- Parties whose details have been given to Johns & Co by the data subject for referencing purposes.
- Moorepay Ltd for the provision of Human Resourcing and Payroll services.
- The Company’s Bankers in order to pay your salary.
- Aviva Plc, for the sole purpose of administering employee’s pensions.
- Bespoke Systems Ltd for the sole purpose of storing Johns & Co’s data.
7. Rights of the Data Subject
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, the Data Subject have certain rights regarding the control and processing of your personal data. Details regarding your rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website.
- Should you wish to contact Johns & Co in order to exercise any of these rights, please email the Data Controller’s representative using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please call +44 (0)20 7118 0200 and ask to speak with Sophie Moir.
- Recognising the importance of personal data to our employees, we endeavour to put in place appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect that data.
- Personal data we hold on electronic media is encrypted and stored in a secure data centre located in the UK.
- We do not generally hold personal data on paper. Where we do take it, we shred it just as soon as the details have been transferred onto our IT systems.
- Data Subjects should be aware that not all electronic communications are secure. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government advice. However, if your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
- We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
9. Data Protection Concerns
Should you have any concerns regarding the way an organisation is processing your personal data, the ICO recommends that in the first instance you contact the organisation concerned. If the organisation does not address those concerns in an appropriate manner, you then have the option to escalate the issue to the ICO. If you wish to contact us because you have concerns about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided in paragraph 7.2.
This Privacy Notice is kept under review and it is update as appropriate. It was last updated on 2nd June 2018.